After one sip, you’ll be dancing on the sand all night long.
It’s funny how after a trip to the Caribbean, one becomes inspired and ready to take on new challenges that will hopefully bring them to the islands more often. That’s what happened to me after a trip to St. John in 2007 and that’s what happened to Steve Gubb, a passionate rum enthusiast, after a trip to St. Martin.
After that trip and not being able to import a certain liquor, Steve was introduced to a distiller in Colorado who was willing to work with him to hand craft the artisanal, naturally organic products that are now Gubba Gold Rum and Gubba Silver Rum.
Because I’m inspired by people who are able to turn their dreams into reality, I’d like to introduce you to Gubba Rum and the Gubba Gold Espresso Martini. You’re going to love it!
Gubba Gold Espresso Martini Drink Recipe
- 2 oz Gubba Gold
- .75 oz chocolate liqueur (Godiva Dark or other)
- .25 oz Frangelico
- .25 oz Kahluha
- 1 oz Java’Mon Espresso
- Splash Baileys
- Splash of rum crème or regular cream
Mixing Instructions: Add ingredients to drink shaker with ice and shake. Pour into a martini glass. Option: Rim glass with chocolate syrup. Not an option, raise glass and toast.
I’m a huge fan of espresso martinis after becoming antiquated with the vodka version at a local joint named S.S. Hookers by the Sanibel Bridge here in Fort Myers. It was good, but it was missing something.
It was missing rum.
This version made with Gubba Gold is fantastic and I know you Castaways are going to love it. Let me know what you think once it crosses your lips!
If you’d like to get your hands on some Gubba Rum, click here to see if it’s at a store near you.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page