After one sip, you’ll be rolling down the beach.
You may have seen a curious new spirit appearing on store shelves lately. It comes in a cannon ball style bottle and is meant to be shot (pun intended) not sipped. The new spirit I’m referring to is called Cannon Blast from Captain Morgan.
Captain Morgan Cannon Blast is an intense blend of Captain Morgan’s famed rum and a blend of strong Caribbean citrus with chipotle and Jalapeno pepper. Spicier the better if you ask this sailor.
My guess is the Cannon Blast product is meant to compete with Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey that skyrocketed to popularity with the party and shot taking crowd. Will Cannon Blast see popularity? I’m not so sure, usually the first product to market rides the wave of success and captures most of the market share. But, there’s always room for competition and the more choices the better.
The tasted is decidedly different than Fireball. For me, it starts out with a bold spiced rum taste and then finishes with a spicy yet sweet citrus note. The first few taste tests had me making a funny face or two, but like shooting any new alcohol, you adapt. With each taste test, the Captain Morgan Cannon Blasts won me over little by little.
I recommend giving Captain Morgan’s Cannon Blast a try to see how you like it. Once you do, let me know what you think. After all, even if it doesn’t knock you down with taste, you’ll still have a pretty cool bottle.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page