Often times when traveling you try to pack in so many activities that you forget to stop, breath, and let relaxation wash over you. As a travel writer I’m very guilty of this. I want to do and see as much as possible in the limited amount of time I have on an island. That busy schedule comes at the expensive of relaxation.
During my trip to the Westin Seven Mile Beach Resort on Grand Cayman there were plenty of activities planned, but also time to do nothing at all. That time when you have nowhere to go and nowhere to be is precious and I love it.
After lunch at the Westin’s Tortuga Beach Grill and Bar, I found myself with nothing to do until dinner. I decided the spend that time simply walking down that famous stretch of sand known as Seven Mile Beach.
I went north, then south, letting my mind wander as the crystal clear Caribbean waters washed over my feet. It was pure bliss and turned out to be one of my fondest memories of the trip. The following are photos I captured on the walk up and down Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach.
View of the Westin Grand Cayman as I strolled down to the sand.
The stunning blue of Grand Cayman’s Caribbean waters.
Just park that thing any where.
Standing on top of the sea.
Soft white sand for miles and miles.
A refreshment stop at Calico Jacks Beach Bar.
Refreshment stop two, Tiki Beach. A nice more upscale beach bar that caters to the cruise ship crowd.
A headed back south to the Westin after Tiki Beach. There were people casually enjoying the sand, snorkelers taking in the underwater magic that Grand Cayman is so famous for, then there were walkers like me. I passed a few of the same people as I headed back. A slight head nod and smile were shared and the occasional hello. Both of us knew that words need not be spoken for it would detract from the moment that silently walking down Seven Mile Beach gives you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page