After one sip, you’ll be feeling warm all over.
Here in Florida it seems the seasonal switch has been flipped. Good bye to the steamy rainy season and hello to the cool dry season. It’s hard to enjoy your rag top Jeep when it rains every freaking day!
October means the seasons are in transition every where. Tree foliage is beginning to change in the north and I’ve even seen reports of snow in some unfortunate areas. Snow and cold are Castaway curse words as our minds, if not always our bodies, live in a constant Caribbean state of mind. But in those cases where the body needs a little help thawing out, simply add a little touch rum.
This week’s Boat Drinks cocktail fits perfectly into the changing seasons and will make you warm and fuzzy all over. The drink is called the Spiced Rum Cider. It’s made with your spiced rum of choice, spiced apple cider, hard cider and a few dashes of lemon bitters. Throw these in a glass and prepare to enjoy the taste of Fall.
Spiced Rum Cider Drink Recipe
- 1.5 oz. spiced rum
- 4oz. spiced apple cider
- 4oz. hard cider
- 2-3 dashes lemon bitters
Mixing Instructions: Fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour the spiced rum and spiced apple cider over the ice. Stir well. Top with hard cider and lemon bitters. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know what you think of the drink. I’m always eager to hear what you think.
Recipe by honeyandbirch.com.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page