After one sip, you’ll be…well, let’s not talk about it.
It’s Tuesday night as I write this and I’m sipping on a glass of delicious AFROHEAD Rum. I was searching for a good recipe to share with all you thirsty Castaways and figured why not a drink recipe from the AFROHEAD collection.
I hit up the rum website and one concoction jumped out at me, the Afrodisiac. Why did this one jump up and grab me by my ugly Movember beard? Not for the reason you’re probably thinking. This drink caught my fancy because you muddle jalapenos in the creation process. I like things with a kick and this drink delivers.
Afrodisiac Drink Recipe
- 2 oz. AFROHOEAD Rum
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1.5 oz. Papaya juice
- 1 thin slice jalapeño
Mixing Instructions: Muddle jalapeño in shaker. Add AFROHEAD Rum, lemon juice, simple syrup and papaya juice. Shake and strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with jalapeño slice. Raise glass and toast.
As with a lot of rums, AFROHEAD has a great story behind it. In 2008, Joe Farrell, the proprietor of The Landing Guest House and Restaurant in Harbour Island, began hand bottling the un-named rum Toby Tyler was crafting and serving it to guests. On the label, he used a simple graphic he had designed for the restaurant’s house wine – a stylized image that paid tribute to the island’s culture, Bahamian women and the first Miss Bahamas from 1963. Locals and visitors from around the world came to Harbour Island to enjoy the rum with the ‘afrohead’ on it, and so Afrohead Rum was born.
If you haven’t had a chance to get your hands on AFROHEAD rum yet, I recommend you do. It’s is a great quality rum and I think you’ll enjoy it. Visit the AFROHEAD Rum website Afroheadrums.com to find a location close to you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page