My friends at Wicked Dolphin have just released the long anticipated Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve Rum. The newest edition to the highly awarded Wicked Dolphin Rum line is made with 100% Florida sugarcane and has been aged for 3 years.
“We have worked on Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve since we started making rum in 2012. Our rum is aged for a full 3 years in Bourbon Barrels which gives us unique deep whiskey notes for one of the best Gold Rums on the market”, States Wicked Dolphin Rum Owner, JoAnn Elardo.
Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve was handcrafted from two distinct fermentation styles using both Florida sugarcane and Florida molasses. The heat and humidity in Florida play a large factor in Wicked Dolphin’s rum making process, the South Florida climate leads to a faster aging process which allows for a more mature taste to this 3 year old rum.
Wicked Dolphin barrels are then blended and finished to create a smooth and sweet buttery start, followed by a deep oaky finish. To keep with a clean, honest taste, Wicked Dolphin does not add caramel or sugar to its rum. Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve is best enjoyed over ice or in classic cocktails. “I would recommend Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve in a classic cocktail, such as a rum Old Fashion, or a rum Manhattan,” added Elardo. Wicked Dolphin Gold Reserve is available in 750 ml bottles at 40% ALC/VOL 80 Proof for a retail price of $32.99.
Gold Reserve is currently available at the Wicked Dolphin Distillery in Cape Coral, Florida and through Republic National Distributing Company.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page