After one sip you’ll be swaying back and forth with the rhythm of the ocean.
I went up to my home town of Kansas City this past weekend. The temperature was unseasonable warm with the highs in the low 50’s and lows in the 30’s. What’s warm to some is not warm to me. This island loving Floridian was cursing the bone-chilling gusts of wind and staying close to his beach girl for warmth.
While it’s good to relive a little “back where I come from,” it was definitely good to retreat back to the lower latitudes of south Florida.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe is just the kind of liquid reminder that will help you remember those warm summer days or it might even inspire you to work on a Caribbean escape plan. It’s called the Cruzan Blue Latitude and it’s a fruitiful blast of the tropics that is sure to satisfy those island day dreams…at least for a little while.
Cruzan Blue LatitudeIngredients:
- 1 part Cruzan Orange Rum
- 1 part Blue Curacao
- 1 part Orange Juice
- 1 part Lemon-Lime Soda
Mixing Instructions: Pour Cruzan Orange Rum and Blue Curacao in a tall glass over ice. Fill with orange juice and top with lemon-lime soda. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you guys think! Oh, wouldn’t the name Blue Latitude make a great name for a boat? Dibs!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page