The new year has rolled in and many people are trying to watch those calories and eat better. Today’s Boat Drink recipe fits right in with those goals.
What, a healthy cocktail?
Yes. Let me introduce you to the Le Soleil d’Or Resort on Cayman Brac and their Spicy Farm cocktail.
Le Soleil d’Or is the Cayman Islands’ first farm-to-table, wellness-focused destination, situated on the limestone bluffs and Caribbean beaches of Cayman Brac. The heart and soul of the resort is a 20-acre organic farm which supplies bountiful ingredients used for a vibrant culinary program, spa, and in-room amenities.
At Le Soleil d’Or, guests are encouraged to disconnect from their busy lives and reconnect through activities including cooking classes, private beachfront yoga sessions, scenic trail hikes and more.
THE LE SOLEIL D’OR EXPERIENCE
Luxurious accommodations and European auberge-inspired service complement personal discovery through cooking, wellness and exploration, setting guests on a soothing path to mindfulness. The gifts of the farm, the seclusion of Cayman Brac, and the beaming golden sun above, allow guests to nourish themselves with freedom of thought and absence of expectation. The Le Soleil d’Or experience is designed so that it lives within guests long after they have returned home.
okay, now for the drink.
The Spicy Farm Drink Recipe
Mixologist: Angel Robledo – Le Soleil D’Or, Cayman Brac
- 2oz Star Fruit Infused White Rum
- 3oz Homemade Green Juice
To make the Homemade Green Juice for one cocktail:
- 2 1/2 oz of fresh wild cherry
- 1/2 Water
- 1/2 Honey
- 2 leaves of Kale
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 cloves
- Sprinkle of Cayenne ground pepper
Mixing Instructions: Blend all the ingredients on the highest speed and then strain.
To make the Star Fruit Infused White Rum:
Cut slices of star fruit and put in a jar with white rum, leave for at least 3 days and max 5.
Garnish: slice of star fruit, 3 cloves and 1 small leave of Kale.
I know this is a complex cocktail concoction to make at home, maybe a trip to Cayman Brac to try the real deal would be easier.
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!