Winter has officially come to south Florida. I’m sitting here in a stocking cap, long sleeves, a jacket, jeans, and socks and shoes. Socks and Shoes!
I look down at my flip flops and a small tear comes to my eye.
If you’re anything like me, which if you’re reading this you probably are, then you’re counting the days until warmer temperatures. You want nothing more than 80 degree sun on your face, your flip flop starved toes in the sand, and a refreshing boat drink in your hand. Those days will be back in a few months, but if you want a fast-track to sweet sweet summer, then I have a secret for you…Tortuga.
No, not Captain Jack Sparrow’s rough and tumble pirate island, I’m talking about the Tortuga Music Festival happening on the sand of Fort Lauderdale Beach this April 15th-17th. There’s no better way to get a headstart on summer than a 3-day music festival on the sand. Seriously, if you need to thaw out, you need to go.
To spread the word about Tortuga and to speed up the thawing process, I thought a simple and stiff boat drink recipe was in order. Let me introduce you to the 3 Sheets to the Wind.
The music festival is a little more than 3 months aways, the drink is called 3 Sheets to the Wind…coincidence I think not.
This drink recipe is made with smooth tequila (a great antifreeze agent), some lime juice and agave nectar. Like I said, simple and strong.
Let’s mix up a 3 Sheets to the Wind and pretend we are already swaying to the music on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
3 Sheets to the Wind Drink Recipe
- 2 ounces tequila (I prefer Don Julio or Cabo Wabo)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Pour into rocks glass with ice, rimmed with salt. Raise glass and toast.
This simple and proven drink will definitely help take the edge off a cold January. If you need more help, then grab your tickets now for the Tortuga Music Festival. There’s nothing like having something booked and being able to look forward to it for the next few months. Especially when that something is a 3-day music festival on the beach featuring some of the biggest names in country music.
I know I’m looking forward to it and I hope to see you on the sand!
Enjoy the drink!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page