After one sip, a spell will cast over you.
Corny? Yes. But I don’t let a little embarrassment stop me from some goofy word-play.
The reason for the corniness is because you, me, and the rest of the United States are looking down the barrel at Valentine’s Day. Do other countries recognize this “holiday”?
Whether you’re married, involved, or single, Valentine’s Day is a great day to create a rum drink. Like a Castaway really needs an excuse right!
Our friends at Cruzan Rum have you and this special day covered. A rum drink for her and one for him. You know rum has been known to lubricate the wheels of love. What do you think, feel like mixing a cocktail?
“Lubricate the wheels of love” …corny again right? Yes…completely.
A Castaway’s Valentine’s Day
Cruzan Be Mine, Valentine Sparkler
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan Aged Light Rum
- 1/2 part Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1/2 part Unsweetened Fresh Cranberry Juice
- 4 parts Sparkling Wine
Method: Combine all ingredients in a champagne flute and stir twice. Garnish with an orange peel cut in the shape of a heart.
Cruzan Smitten Sidecar
- 2 parts Cruzan Single Barrel Rum
- 1 part triple sec
- Splash of lemon juice
Method: Combine ingredients and shake with ice in a mixing glass until chilled. Stir in and pour into a cocktail glass. (The sugar-rim is optional.)
Have a great Valentine’s Day. Sip on love, lust over exploration, and the drink in the island spirit.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page