After one sip, you’ll be swimming in Great Harbour.
About three weeks ago I received a message on Facebook from Castaway Stef, asking if I knew the drink recipe for the Dread Fox from Foxy’s Beach Bar on Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. Sadly I did not.
But, I had a good source and decided to reach out and see what I could get out of the coconut telegraph.
My source…Mr. Leon, a bartender at Foxy’s and an active Facebooker that posts creative photos of his BVI home. Leon was great at getting back to me with the recipe. He however didn’t disclose the amount of each ingredient. No worries.
Through a little testing, I think I figured out a great tasting mixture and hopefully on par with the original at Foxy’s…although the setting might be drastically different.
Dread Fox Drink Recipe
- 1.5oz. Foxy’s Fire Water Rum
- 4oz. Margarita Mix
- 1oz. Cranberry Juice
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Pour into glass with ice. Look out over Great Harbour. Raise glass and toast.
Give this island drink a try and let me know what you think. Does it make you feel like your sitting in a hammock at Foxy’s listening to the man himself make up songs on the fly.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page