It’s nearly upon us, the 2016 Festival Rum Bahamas. As the event draws closer more and more great stories about the event are coming out. Here is one of the best I’ve seen. Tru Bahamian Food Tours does a great job highlighting the food, the music, the people, the culture and of course the rum. Here is a small part of the story and a link to read the entire piece.
Now is the time to begin channeling your inner scallywag in preparation for the 3rd Annual Festival RumBahamas taking place later this month, the weekend of February 26-28th, 2016.
Spectacularly set against the historical backdrop of Fort Charlotte – once the fortress used to help defend Nassau Harbour from unwanted invaders- this highly anticipated weekend festival attracts discerning (and thirsty) aficionados from far and wide across the region.
The distilled frenzy at ‘Rum Fest’ spotlights all aspects of the Caribbean’s favorite brand of booze and will surely transport you back to The Bahamas’ Golden Age of Piracy in the process.
Fun at this event isn’t limited to drinkers however- teetotalers and even families will also find this Nassau festival to be worth spending a day at- tasty eats, artisan markets, interactive craft expos, excellent cultural programming, and live entertainment combine to offer a multi-dimensional experience for all attendees.
To read the rest of this great Rum Bahamas article click here.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page