After one sip, you’ll be one sip closer to summer.
I love rum. Who doesn’t right?
Rum is delicious, flexible, and it flows through the Caribbean like the trade winds. When it comes to mixing flavored rums into fruitiful concoctions, I usually reach for Cruzan Rum. I prefer it over other flavored rum like the Bacardi line and it comes from one of my favorite spots in the Caribbean, the USVI.
Are you thirsty?
Summer is just around the corner and I think today’s Boat Drink recipe tastes like summertime in a glass. It’s called the Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Cooler and it’s made with the unique Blueberry Lemonade Rum from Cruzan.
Say it, “Blueberry Lemonade Rum.”
You can’t help but feel happy and ready for a sweet sweet drink after letting those words roll out of your mouth.
Before we jump into the drink recipe, and since you love good rum drinks, check out our Castaway Cocktails Recipe eBook! It has 52 drink recipes, lot’s of island favorites and a few of my own creations.
Pin It To Pinterest!
Enough talk, let’s mix.
Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Cooler
- 2 parts Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Rum
- 3/4 part Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 small pinch Kosher Salt
- Seltzer/Soda Water
Mixing Instructions: Combine Rum, Grapefruit and Salt over ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Double strain into a Collins glass over ice and top with Seltzer/Soda Water. Garnish with a twist of Grapefruit peel. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know how you like this drink. Go out and get a bottle of the refreshing, mix-with-anything Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Rum, you’re going to love it. Hit us up on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and send us or tag us in the picture of your drink!
Bottoms up and cheers!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page