After one sip, you’ll be washing up on shore.
When you think of Pusser’s Rum, I’m betting most of you immediately think of the famous Painkiller cocktail. And why wouldn’t you, the drink is freaking amazing and is associated with the beautiful BVI, one of the most beautiful spots in all the Caribbean. But did you know there are other Pusser’s Rum drinks?
I know right! Who knew!
Today, let’s dive into one of these other cocktails. How about the Pusser’s Ginger Sea Dog. I thought this would be fitting because Sea Dog was my nickname in high school. Just kidding. Although I do like the way that sounds. Arrrrr.
The Ginger Sea Dog is made with Pusser’s Rum, delicious ginger beer, Angostura Bitters, and a couple wedges of fruit. Sound like something you’d like? Yeah, me too. It sounds like the Pusser’s twist on the Dark N Stormy cocktail. Shall I mix you one?
Pusser’s Ginger Sea Dog
- 2 ounces Pusser’s Rum
- 6 ounces Ginger Beer
- Angostura Bitters
- Lime Wedge
- Lemon Wedge
Mixing Instructions: Place ice into a large glass. Add rum and ginger beer. Squeeze lime wedge and lemon wedge over top of drink and drop into the glass. Stir briefly. Add Angostura bitters and serve. Raise glass and toast.
Pusser’s Rum is synonymous with the Painkiller cocktail, but the famous British Royal Navy rum can be used to make many other drinks, including today’s Boat Drink recipe, the Pusser’s Ginger Sea Dog. Ruff.
As always, let me know what you think of this drink. Always love to hear what you Castaway mixologists think!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page