I know that many of you dream of calling the islands home. I’m guilty as well. I also know that many of you are in love with the rock known as St. John. Guilty again.
The thought of throwing caution to the wind and making the jump is both seductive and scary. But it doesn’t have to be the latter. You could become the owner of a successful business on St. John. If this interests you, then you’re in luck!
Magnum, V.I. Charters, a well established powerboat business on St. John, just listed for sale. The vessel is a 31-foot, 2002 Ocean Pro with a Yanmar Diesel 315 hp engine (with only 1,300 hours on it) and a Mercruiser Brave II outdrive. Plenty of power to get your future guests out to Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Norman Island, Jost and of course St. John’s famous north shore.
The charter boat business includes the fully outfitted and maintained boat, triple axle trailer, a 10′ Caribe dingy with motor, mooring, safety equipment, inventory parts, full client list, trade name, website, professional photography, advertising contract and other marketing materials, as well as merchandising stock at time of sale, and operating supplies and equipment. And as a sales incentive, the current owner will guarantee 10 full day charter bookings throughout the 2016/2017 season.
Have you always dreamed of being a charter boat captain in the USVI? This could be your chance.
Magnum, V.I. Charters was recognized as the 2015 & 2016 “Best Powerboat Rental” on St. John by the U.S. Virgin Islands Daily Newspaper. The boat was also awarded the 2016 “Certificate of Excellence” by TripAdvisor for consistent 5-star reviews!
Boat registration, mooring ball and National Park Service registration are valid through June 2017. Financial statements will be available to serious buyers upon confidentiality requirements, and sales transition training will be provided for three months after closing. (Click here for a visual PDF of Magnum, V.I. Charters.)
Magnum, V.I. Charters is listed for $222,000. If you’re interested, please reach out to Drew Kerr, the current owner, at (417) 827-4692 or at [email protected].
If you become the new owner of Magnum, you have to promise to let me tag along on one of your charters!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page