After one sip, Starbucks will be no more.
One Grande Carmel Frappuccino hold the whip please. I’m no coffee drinker. That foo foo frappuccino is about as close as I come to coffee drinks. But today’s drink recipe might be an exception.
It’s called the Rum & Coconut Iced Coffee. Just sort of rolls off the tongue doesn’t it? Well hold on to your flip flops because it tastes even better than it sounds.
I found the recipe from Heather Christo. She’s a author, chef, and food stylist. I’m not really sure what a food stylist is, but it sounds pretty cool. I think all us Castaways should now fancy ourselves as rum stylists. Sexy right?!
The cocktail recipe consists of coffee, coconut sugar, rum, coconut milk, and and some optional coconut cream and toasted coconut shavings. I told you this was going to be good! For the rum, Papa’s Pilar dark works fantastically. Its smooth rich flavor compliments the coconut milk and coffee perfectly.
Enough talk. Time to be a rum stylist and mix this boat drink up.
Rum & Coconut Iced Coffee Drink Recipe
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 ½ ounce shot of good rum (I prefer Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum)
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk (or coconut non-dairy beverage)
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Whipped Coconut Cream (optional)
Mixing Instructions: Brew coffee and stir in sugar as needed. Set it aside to cool slightly. Fill a large glass with ice and add rum. Add the coffee and then the Coconut Milk or Non-Dairy Beverage. Top with whipped coconut cream if desired and then sprinkle with toasted coconut. Raise glass and toast.
I’m eager to hear what you Castaways think of this drink. Let me know once you mix it up and post a photo of your drink on the RumShopRyan Facebook page! Happy mixing!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page