This is a place where the palm trees lean towards the calm blue waters as if they wanted a refreshing dip.
This is a place where pelicans dive into bait balls, tarpon swim next to you, and stingrays glide through the water.
This is a places surrounded by rolling green hills covered in forest, not homes and hotels.
This is Maho Bay, St. John.
I’m not sure what day it was, they seem to melt together when soaking in the beauty of this island. What I do know is that we left our charming room at Coconut Coast Villas in Cruz Bay and set out to photograph the act of relaxation. Destination? One of the most beautiful, vibrant, and tranquil Caribbean beaches I’ve had the pleasure of meeting…Maho Bay on the famed north shore of St. John in the US Virgin Islands.
We settled in with a couple Caribs and homemade rum punch made with smooth Blue Chair Bay Rum. The sky was filled with birds, water filled with fish, and the palm trees danced in the breeze. It was a scene that could seduce even the crustiest of pirates.
Out came the cameras. Castaway Crystal and myself had work to do. This is what we saw…
Maho Bay, St. John USVI
If you haven’t been to the USVI yet…go.
If you haven’t been to St. John yet…go.
If you haven’t been to Maho Bay yet…go.
You will find a true Caribbean paradise.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page