If you are looking for a good Cruzan Rum drink recipe, then I have a feeling you’re going to really like the rum drink we are giving you today.
Florida has seen some pretty serious storms and we have always taken them in stride. One of the “funny” things about tropical storms and hurricanes is the way we Floridians provision our homes for them.
Sure people stock up on gas, water, batteries and things like that. But what really disappears at the grocery stores is the beer, wine, and liquor. Provisioning Castaway style is definitely something I can get behind though.
If it’s not going to be a bad storm, then we usually have gather with friends to ride it out. Thats the inspiration behind today Caribbean drink recipe, I call it the Cruzan Tropical Storm.
Cruzan Tropical Storm
Created by top Miami mixologist Teddy Collins
- 2 parts Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
- 1 part Fresh Mango Juice
- 1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Mixing Instructions: In a cocktail shaker, combine Cruzan Aged Dark Rum, fresh lemon juice and fresh mango juice. Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 8 seconds. Immediately strain into an ice filled tiki mug. Top with 2 dashes of bitters and sprinkle a pinch of crushed black peppercorn, to taste. Garnish with a fresh mint spring and tiki umbrella skewered with a maraschino cherry and fresh mango slice. Raise glass and toast!
While the name may conjure thoughts of strong winds and torrential rain, this rum drink recipe is a simple blast of fruit flavors that will have you thinking more of sun drenched beaches instead of tropical storms.
Want more Rum Drinks?
Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Ever good mixologist need some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page