After one sip, that weird uncle won’t seem so bad.
I don’t know about you but 2016 had wings and a couple jet engines attached to it. It flew by in the blink of eye. I wish time would slow down a little, like back when we were all kids and summer vacation felt like an eternity. I want more time to soak up some Caribbean magic!
Being that we are coming to the end of 2016 and Thanksgiving is just a week away, it’s only fitting we raise a glass to all the things we are thankful for. I am super thankful for blue water, sandy footprints and all of you salty Castaways. I raise this boat drink to you!
This week’s boat drink recipe is a little slice of dessert in a glass. Do you like rum? Do you like pumpkin pie? Do you like whipped cream? Yes, yes and yes!
The drink is called the Cruzan Pumpkin Pie Martini and it is simply delicious. Put one of these in your hand during your family Thanksgiving and you’ll forget all about that weird uncle, screaming kids, and any other family drama. Just sip, sit back, and dream.
Cruzan Pumpkin Pie Martini – Thanksgiving Never Tasted So Good!
- 1/2 part DeKuyper Buttershots Schnapps
- 1/2 part Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
- 1/2 part Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
- 2 parts Half and Half
- 1/2 part Pumpkin Puree
- 1 dash Pumpkin Spice
Mixing Instructions: Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream. Raise glass and toast.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Please let me know if you create the Pumpkin Pie Martini at home, I’d love to know what you thought!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page