After one sip, you’ll be missing a year.
Time flies when you’re having rum! It’s about time to turn the lights off on 2016, but before we do let’s take a look back at some of our favorite cocktail recipes of the past year.
These five cocktails had the most page views out of the 40 some drink recipes that were posted here on RumShopRyan.com in 2016. By looking at the traffic numbers I can tell one thing, you Castaways really like your rum! Wouldn’t be much of a Castaway if you did right?
All five of these drinks are liquid island inspiration, little glasses of paradise that can transport your mind back to a time when you had your toes buried in the sand of your favorite beach on St. Somewhere. All you have to do is take a sip and close your eyes.
The top five are listed from least to greatest, with the most popular drink of 2016 listed at #1 on the bottom. Each drink links back to the original story that goes with it.
Let me know which one is your favorite and if you’ve made any of these at home!
- 1.5 oz. Papa’s Pilar Blonde Rum
- 1.5 oz. Guava Juice
- 1.5 oz. Mango Juice
- 1.5 oz. Passion Fruit Juice
Mixing Instructions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Pour into cocktail glass. Garnish with Serrano Slices. Raise glass and toast.
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 ½ ounce shot of good rum (I prefer Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum)
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk (or coconut non-dairy beverage)
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Whipped Coconut Cream (optional)
Mixing Instructions: Brew coffee and stir in sugar as needed. Set it aside to cool slightly. Fill a large glass with ice and add rum. Add the coffee and then the Coconut Milk or Non-Dairy Beverage. Top with whipped coconut cream if desired and then sprinkle with toasted coconut. Raise glass and toast.
- 1 Pineapple juice
- 2 oz Coconut rum
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz White Rum
Mixing Instructions: Combine both rums and Blue Curacao in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then pour into a cocktail glass. Fill the rest of the glass with chilled pineapple juice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge. Raise glass and toast.
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Pineapple Rum
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Mango Rum
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Banana Rum
- 2 oz. (60ml) Calypso Triple Melon Lemonade
- 1 oz. (30ml) Blue Curacao
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Everclear
- 2 oz. (60ml) Lemon Lime Soda
- 1/5 Bacardi Light
- 1/5 Bacardi Gold
- 1/5 Coconut Rum
- 1/5 Pineapple Rum
- 1/5 Mango Rum
- Topped with fruit punch and a dash of the secret ingredient!*
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients to to mixing glass with ice. Shake. Pour into glass of your choice. Raise glass and toast.
Hope you’ve had a fantastic 2016 and some of these island cocktails have made you feel a little closer to paradise.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page