Anyone else excited about the opening of the new Papa’s Pilar Rum Distillery in Key West!!! You know this pirate is!
Here is a little information about the new addition to the island and what you can expect when you visit.
Brick by brick, inch by inch, bottle by bottle–Papa’s Pilar has grown in popularity all across the country. Evidence of that is splashed all over their Facebook page. Now it’s time for the brand to put down roots where the rum’s namesake has such history…Key West.
Their unique Solera blending process is ready to begin, as the state-of-the-art barrel rack has been installed. This monstrous rack system is prepared to cradle and solera age our hand-selected Caribbean rums in layers of American Oak, Port Wine and Spanish Sherry. Along with its amazing functionality, this barrel rack is a stunning fixture that adds something truly special to the distillery space.
Once it’s operating at full capacity, the distillery will be capable of producing 80 gallons of rum per day. Both the Dark and Blonde expressions of their rum will be produced at the facility, as well as Special Editions and small batch projects.
One of the coolest things I’m ready to see is the Trading Post. I love swag!
The Trading Post offers unique apparel, accessories, and bottles of Papa’s Pilar. They will also be offering custom Papa’s Pilar gear by esteemed brands such as Columbia, Fishpond, and Yeti, just to name a few. In addition to custom gear from these brands, they will also be releasing Papa’s Pilar and Hemingway Rum Co. apparel, bar and giftware not available anywhere else! Enjoy a little insider’s peak into the progress of the Trading Post here: https://vimeo.com/212175691
The Papa’s Pilar Key West Distillery will also have a Tasting Room. But this is no ordinary distiller bar. Made of beautifully stained wood, the bar takes up nearly all of the back wall, allowing guests to admire epic photos of Hemingway and our partners while sipping our artisan-crafted rum. The bar top itself will include one-of-a-kind blueprints and photos we’ve been able to source from our friends at Wheeler Boat Co. and the Hemingway Home. From the bar, you can peer into the distillery floor, and watch the process that created the very rum you’re enjoying.
I plan on heading down to Key West soon to tour the new distillery so that I can share the experience with you Castaways. Oh, and maybe have a little rum as well.
Go check it out guys! The distillery is located at the corner of Simonton and Greene, right between Duval Street and the Key West Bight Marina.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page