Today is National Rum Day! It might not be up there with Christmas or Thanksgiving, up to Castaways like us, it’s a day to raise a glass high and say thank you to rum.
Each year when August 16th comes around I try to come up with a fun way to Celebrate National Rum Day. Sometimes it’s a video, sometimes it’s a bunch of delicious rum drink recipes, sometimes it’s me acting like I’m pour rum on my head! Yes, that has happened.
On this National Rum Day, I’m going to show you a video of a cocktail that has history and tastes like a million dollars. Let’s celebrate it right with a proper Hemingway Daiquiri made with one of my favorites Papa’s Pilar Rum.
This was shot in Key West at the world famous Blue Heaven Restaurant. Make sure you watching with the sound on, it has a pretty good soundtrack to go with it.
The Papa’s Pilar Rum Distillery is now open in Key West. It’s located in Old Town just a block away from seaport. You can take a tour and learn about the rum making process or browse their trading post which has some amazing swag.
Here is the recipe for you!
Happy National Rum Day to all your pirates out there. Drop me a comment and tell me how you will be celebrating the day!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page