Hurricanes Irma and Maria were a couple of the biggest storms to hit the Caribbean…ever. I’m sure most of us have seen photos of the complete devastation of the places and people we care so much about.
The islands of St. Maarten/St. Martin, Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, St. Barths, British Virgin Islands, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and Cuba have all been impacted. If you would like to help support the places that you love, please find the relief support link below that is closest to your heart.
Together with the Caribbean Soul Trekkers, we have come up with a list that lets you support both individual small business and larger relief programs.
If one of your fondest memories is dancing the night away at Elvis’ Beach Bar on Anguilla, you can support their rebuild. If you sail to the Bitter End Yacht Club every year and want to help the now-out-of-work staff that you love so much, you can donate below. If you are a member of Kenny Chensey’s No Shoes Nation and want to support his efforts to rebuild St. John and St. Thomas, you can find a support link below.
We wanted to get this list up as fast as possible. That’s why you don’t see relief support for St. Barths, Puerto Rico, or Cuba (maybe issues with Cuba support). This support list will be constantly growing as new legit relief programs and funds are created or found.
If you have a Caribbean business or community that has been impacted by Hurricanes Irma or Maria and has a relief fund, please message me on the RumShopRyan Facebook page. If it’s a legit fund, I will add it to the list.
- Abbi of Dolce Vita
- Bankie Banx & The Dune Preserve
- Bonnie Bloom’s fund to help Anguilla
- Brett & Elvis of Elvis’
- Carimar employees
- Chloe & Theron of Picante
- Christian & Marjorie of FBI (also accepting donations for others – indicate where you would like your funds to go)
- Delbert Mussington of Dad’s Bar & Grill
- Dillon & Judy of Ocean Echo
- Four Seasons’ fund for Anguilla Red Cross
- Frangipani staff
- Garvey of The Sunshine Shack
- Jacquie of Ripples
- Jed Hunte of English Rose
- Jeri Buddle for friends in Anguilla
- Kyle of Tropical Treats
- Laurie & Deb of Pumphouse
- Meads Bay Beach Villas’ staff
- Roy’s family of Roy’s Bayside Grill
- SandBar staff
- Sandy Island
- Straw Hat employees
- Tequila Sunrise Villa’s Heather, Sam & staff
- Tiago (GM of Cap Juluca) fund for Anguilla relief
- Tropical Sunset family
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
- Halo Foundation – Barbuda Relief Effort
- Barbuda Go Fund Me
- Barbuda Recovery
- Barbuda Hurricane Relief
- Barbuda Relief Fund
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
- BVI Relief Fund
- Anegada Relief Fund
- Virgin Unite Community Support Appeal
- Jost Van Dyke Go Fund Me
- BVI Government via Pledgeling
- Three Sheets Sailing – Accepting Mailed Donations
- BVI Go Fund Me
- BVI Immediate Relief – You Caring
- Convoy of Hope (Irma BVI)
- Richard Branson Hurricane Fund
- Virgin Gorda Relief Supply Fund
- Bitter End Yacht Club
- Pusser’s Hurricane Irma Disaster Relief
- Fund Callwood Rum Distillery
US VIRGIN ISLANDS
- Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands
- St. John Community Foundation
- Virgin Islands Relief
- Irma Relief for our Sister Islands
- Love for Love City by Kenny Chesney
- St. John Rescue
- Tim Duncan VI Relief
- USVI “Adopt a Family”
- United Way USVI
- Rebuild Angels Rest floating Bar- Capt Peter
- Bolongo Bay Resort Employee Fund
ST MARTIN / ST MAARTEN
TURKS & CAICOS
- Caribbean Tourism Organization
- Global Giving
- Sailors Helping
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- Save the Children
- Direct Relief
- Samaritan’s Purse
Thank you! Again, if you find any other legit funding pages for the Caribbean islands affected by Irma, let me know.
Thank you for all your support!
RumShopRyan, Castaway Crystal and the Caribbean Soul Trekkers
***Join our Patreon Castaway Crew. For LIVE broadcasts, exclusive content and other perks! Please become a Patron and support our content creation so we can bring more of it to you.
If you aren’t familiar with Patreon, it’s an online platform that allows you to support the work of your favorite creators. Giving them a chance to continue working on their creations without having to worry about where their next meal is going to come from! Thank you so much!