The Yearly Bucket List Oath
(put your right hand over your heart and repeat after me)
I solemnly swear to create memories that last a lifetime.
I vow to make an impression on the world, not on the couch.
I promise to dream about unrealistic goals and make them my reality.
Do you have a bucket list full of dreams that aren’t checked off yet? Is flying to a tropical destination in a seaplane one of them? It was definitely one of ours. We were fortunate enough to have that dream come true thanks to the amazing people at Tropic Ocean Airways.
Through the Association of Bahamas Marinas, RumShopRyan and I had the opportunity to visit several ABM members (Bimini Big Game Club, Palm Cay, Treasure Cay Resort and Marina , Bay Street Marina and Atlantis Resort Marina) on three Bahamian islands in six days.
Phew! Talk about a jam packed week of traveling, but this is what we live for!
Our island hopping journey began at the Sheltair Terminal in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Our first stop was Bimini and Tropic Ocean Airways got us there in a jiffy – 30 minutes to be exact.
Not only does Tropic Ocean Airways have scheduled flights to Bimini, but also to Treasure Cay, Marsh Harbour and Great Harbour Cay.
They also provide private charter services to many other destinations. You even get your very own VIP agent who will help book accommodations and excursions. How’s that for service?!
Speaking of service, aside from the thrill of landing (which is surprisingly smooth) in sparkling blue Bahamian water – the impeccable service also played a huge role in making our bucket list venture so memorable — friendly, helpful and hassle-free.
As you arrive, a valet tenant will take your vehicle off your hands so you can get to the check-in counter with ease.
Check-in is a cinch. No long lines, no taking off your shoes and dealing with the headache of going through the dreaded security routines.
All you have to do is fill out your customs form, enjoy the free wifi and maybe post a few Instagram stories while you wait to take off to your island of choice. Ahh, what bliss!
Bottled water and snacks are offered before and as you board the flight.
Upon your return, valet will have your car ready so you can load up and hit the road asap.
It is truly one of the easiest travel arrangements ever.
I know flying in a small aircraft may be unsettling for some people, but for me, it’s part of the adventure. You can see the pilots and flight instruments in the cockpit which gives it a more intimate, raw and authentic experience.
So what are you waiting for?! Say yes to new adventures and make your bucket list goal a reality by booking with Tropic Ocean Airways. If a seaplane was never on your bucket list, I hope you are making room for it now.
Never Stop Exploring
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page