Who doesn’t love cake right?
There’s ice cream cake, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, carrot cake, and the list goes on. But do you want to know what Crystal and I’s favorite cake is? It’s….
It’s almost against the law to be a Caribbean Castaway and not love rum cake. Though there is no jail time, so you’re safe.
We recently got a famous Pusser’s Rum Cake and wanted to share it with you, but it’s a little hard to send digital bites these days (maybe someday!), so we did a video for you instead.
- You can serve it with fresh cream and fruit such as kiwi, strawberries, or raspberries.
- You can sprinkle (dump) powdered sugar over the top of it.
- You can microwave it for a few seconds to make it all warm and soft.
In the video you saw that our favorite ways are:
- Eating it straight up and getting that full rum cake taste
- Eating it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Eating it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and pouring Pusser’s Rum over it all!
Did you watch until the end? We added bloopers!
The History of Pusser’s Rum Cake
For almost three centuries, the Royal Navy has baked rum cakes to honor and celebrate special Royal Family occasions. Pusser’s Rum is the official rum of the Royal Navy, making it an essential ingredient in this traditional delicacy.
Made using the original, old-world recipe, each cake is baked with love, care, and lots of Pusser’s Rum. How much rum is in each cake you ask? We wanted to know too! We asked and while the exact amount is secret, they said it’s about double the amount of the other rum cakes on the market.
You don’t have to be part of the Royal Family to enjoy one of these though. Just look at us, zero royal blood! Though I am a KC Royals fan, maybe that counts? Everyone can enjoy the Pusser’s Rum Cake, all you have to do is go online and order at Pussersrum.com/cakes.
These rum cakes make great holiday gifts too. So if there’s a Castaway on your shopping list, this might be perfect. And if you wanted to buy me one, my address 555 Ocean….
Crystal and I hope you love the Pusser’s Rum Cake as much as we do. Hit us up on Instagram and DM us your favorite ways to eat a rum cake.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page