I remember the days growing up in Kansas when the winter came and the sun would simply disappear for weeks, even months on end. It was nothing but cold, gray, overcast skies. Game of Thrones wasn’t around back then, but the phrase “Winter is coming” was real, and it always made me sad. Not, raise an army and kill White Walkers sad, but sad nonetheless.
Now that I live in Florida and hop down to the Caribbean, winter means something completely different. Things like snowbirds, traffic, and no-vacancy are my new worries.
If you are totally over another cold, overcast winter season, then take a look at the infographic below. The good people at Beaches Resorts know how to warm you up. You’ll see what the average temperature, average rain fall and the distance from a few major US cities are to sun-drenched places like Jamaica, The Bahamas, Barbados, Turks and Caicos and more.
I’m not going to lie, it’s going to make you want to…#justgo.
Okay, so where are you off too? Did the above inspire you? We haven’t been to Antigua yet, so we will see you there!
Tell us where you next Caribbean vacation is going to be. Join our Facebook Group and tell us all about it! Crystal and I, or the community of Castaways would be happy to help you pick and destination and recommend the best things to do and best places to eat while on island.
You can also check out our Best of the Caribbean Directory. You’ll be able to browse by destination the best hotels, best restaurants, and best things to do. We want you to have the best vacation possible and this will definitely help!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page