Change is a constant in life. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad. Most of the time we are resistant to change and fight it tooth and nail, only to find out later that the change was for the better. Sometimes change happens because we mature, sometimes it happens because it’s the right thing to do.
Today, I’m happy to announce that this blog and brand are changing for the better. You might have seen some of the signs already, but RumShopRyan.com has changed to CaribbeanCastaways.com. I’m super excited to tell you about it and why it’s happening.
RumShopRyan.com was a “me” thing, a Ryan thing. That isn’t the case anymore. As you have seen, my wife Crystal, Castaway Crystal, has been a big part of the blog and brand. And for good reason! She is a rockstar photographer, a terrific writer, and she helps run a lot of the social media that you see. Plus, she loves the islands, travel, and is a salty Purmaid (cat and mermaid?) as well! A perfect puzzle piece for the brand.
Those are great reasons why she fits, but even more important is that she brings a woman’s perspective to Caribbean travel. She can give you insight into things I Ryan, have absolutely no clue about. But my favorite reason for the change is I now get to share this salty life with someone.
I’ve been lucky enough to travel to some amazing places, and a lot times in the beginning I would make that journey solo. There’s nothing wrong with traveling solo, it’s a very gratifying experience. But I remember sitting on the bow of a boat in the Grenadines, staring at blazing blue water and thinking, “wow, this is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been, but I don’t get to share the experience with anyone.”
For me, it’s more rewarding to share that with someone, and she is the perfect someone.
See, she even has the point down!
So while the name of the website has changed, it’s still the same focus Caribbean travel focus. Our goal is to create content that helps you learn more about the Caribbean and inspires you to #justgo. I am still RumShopRyan, but with the addition of Crystal, we are now the Caribbean Castaways. And we invite all those passionate about the islands to join us and become a Caribbean Castaway as well.
Cheers and thank you so much for following!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page