Is Roatan on your list for the perfect Caribbean getaway? We love your choice! Home to some of the world’s best diving and snorkeling sites, picturesque beaches, friendly sloth habitats and more, there’s so much the little island paradise can offer.
Now to find a place to stay!
Interestingly, because of Roatan’s small population, (only 45,000 people on the island!) and the fact that it’s pretty much a hidden gem, there’s a general lack of presence of any large hotel chains. Instead, you will find a wide variety of family run or boutique accommodations run by the locals or expat community.
If you’re looking for a Roatan all-inclusive resort, our pick is the Tranquilseas Resort Roatan! Read on to learn why we think so!
Where is the Tranquilseas Resort Roatan located?
The Tranquilseas resort is located on the beachfront of Sandy Bay Beach just minutes away from one of the world’s largest barrier reefs! Imagine that, world class scuba diving and snorkeling experiences just within a few steps from your accommodation.
Located along the northwestern edge of the Roatan island, Tranquilseas Eco Resort has carved out its very own tranquil oasis off the beaten track. Hidden just far enough from the hustle and bustle of the local community, yet close enough for you to head out and discover the fun and adventure the island can offer.
Be it the airport, diving activities or bustling beach scenes, “home” will never be too far away:
- A short 7km away from the Juan Manuel Galvez Airport so you do not have to endure the long ride to the accommodation
- A stone’s throw away from the sleepy and laid-back Sandy Bay Beach, a Marine National Park and even a Botanical Garden
- 6 minutes away from the bustling Half Moon Bay for adventurous water sports
- 4 minutes away from an adrenaline inducing Jungle Canopy Zipline
- Or even a short 17 minutes from the Port and town center of Roatan
If you’re looking for a peaceful space to relax yet still want to explore the island, this Roatan Resort is definitely a good place to rest your head.
Cozy Eco-friendly Lodging
The love and respect that the owners of this family run resort have for the environment shine through in the many details that you will discover at this unique accommodation:
- Cleaning materials used to keep the resort spick and span are biodegradable and do not damage the local ecosystem
- Clean wastewater is recycled for watering the resort grounds
- Rain traps can be found around the resort grounds to recycle rainwater
- Water is heated via solar energy through thermal collectors installed on the roofs
- Guests also receive water bottles that can refilled instead of reusable bottles
- And more…
These thoughtful details, designs, and processes at Tranquilseas Resort truly differentiates it from any other accommodation that you may have been used to on your travels!
Did we also mention that there are also only 7 rooms in the whole resort? A small footprint on the natural beach habitat. How exclusive is that? Built consciously with locally sourced materials and labor, the resort was designed to provide guests an authentic island living experience.
Choose from a variety of adorably named rooms – From Hummingbird (a room for 2 with a view of the sea), to Octopus (a large family suite perfect for up to 8 people).
All rooms and suites come with modern conveniences like air conditioning, indoor shower, water dispensers and coolers for a comfortable stay.
Room prices start from an affordable USD$85 + vat (Breakfast is included). Half board (USD $25 per adult per night) and all-inclusive (USD $70 per adult per night) options are available as well for the fuss-free traveler.
Tranquilseas Resort Amenities
There’s something for every type of traveler looking for their perfect Caribbean escape at this cozy family run eco resort.
From the typical holiday conveniences to the unexpected services:
Spa Centre – Which provides a whole range of spa and massage treatments to pamper you after a long day
Beachfront outdoor pool – Perfect for a relaxing swim or just lounging on the sundeck
On-site snack bars and restaurant – To refuel and indulge in Caribbean cuisine after a day of activities. There’s even live entertainment two nights a week over dinner!
Sea Divers – A diving school for beginners to advanced divers. Whether you are new to diving or if you are up for a challenge to explore one of the world’s most beautiful reefs, they have professionals on hand to make your diving dreams a reality!
Yoga Classes – A daily staple at the resort for guests looking to find peace not only in their environment but in their mind and body too. Classes take place at the top floor of the resort building which overlooks into the turquoise blue waters.
Feeling refreshed just picturing that?
Booking Activities Around the Island – From chartering a lazy day out on a catamaran, booking a adrenaline filled parasailing activity or scheduling a family-friendly day out to the parks with sloths, toucans and monkeys, the resort can help you arrange it all!
All About the Diving
If you’re here for diving, the Sea Divers Diving School located on-site will be your favorite go-to-place!
Regardless of your certification level, the professional teachers at the school will be there to ensure you have the time of your life under the water.
To cater to the unique needs of each traveler, they offer a variety of courses:
New Divers – Simple 3 hour long guided fun dives at USD $100, offer new divers an easy way to explore the underwater world.
Getting Certification – Interested to get your diver’s cert? They offer a 2-day crash course at USD $240 (partial certification) and 3-day PADI Open Water Diver full course at USD $360 (PADI scuba certification)
Certified Divers – They offer daily fun dives (at USD $45 per dive) at 3 timings a day (9am, 11am and 2pm). Want to try exploring the reefs in the early morning or night? They can also do Dawn Dives and Night Dives for experienced certified divers. Or join their advanced courses to further hone your diving skills.
Gear Rental – Want to snorkel instead? Simply rent the gear and head out to explore. Starts from USD 30 for a mask, fins and snorkel.
Tranquilseas Resort Restaurant
The resort’s flagship restaurant, The Sunken Fish Restaurant and Bar welcomes you with rustic Roatan furnishings, perfect ocean views and a delectable variety of locally sourced menu options.
When a restaurant’s motto is to only serve “Real Food”, you know it can only be good stuff!
The restaurant offers a good balance of authentic Caribbean food and international cuisine for travelers to satiate their palate. Indulge in freshly caught seafood, make your own quesadillas, or try their 7 different flavors of wings!
The on-site restaurant also doubles up as a bar where you can enjoy the Caribbean sunset over a glass of wine, the famous Monkey Lala cocktail, a cool pint of beer or homemade mojitos and lemonades.
If you’re up for some live entertainment, they also offer that twice a week:
- Tuesday Night Tapas – Spanish themed entertainment
- Friday Night Wing Night with Live Music – Enjoy the live entertainment and dance the night away
- Saturday Barbecue – We hope you’re hungry!
Tranquilseas Roatan Reviews: What Do People Love About the Resort?
Hear from others who loved their stay at this Roatan Eco Beach Resort!
Julia shares her most recent experience while traveling during COVID, “Tranquilseas treated me like royalty and made sure that I was not only having an amazing experience but that everything and everyone was safe as well. Biosecurity procedures were followed and were well above standard. I stayed in the King Crab room – incredible ocean views and peaceful relaxing time. The staff is nothing short of exceptional – AND the Chef – OMG the Chef made the most incredible food. I think I gained 10lbs that week. Tranquilseas has my heart.”
Rachel from California who travelled with her family for a diving trip shared, “ We stayed at Tranquilseas for eight nights while on a family diving trip (our kids are 8 and 11), it was our second time at the resort. We love the small size and location on Sandy Bay. The public areas of the resort are lovely, and we enjoyed all our meals in the onsite restaurant, and the staff is friendly and dedicated. The adjacent beach is clean and relaxing to stroll along, and the sunsets from the swings on the dock are memorable”.
If Tranquilseas Resort Roatan is on your MUST SEE list (it’s on ours!), then be sure to grab a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. Members get a special promotion at Tranquilseas, book an all-inclusive stay for 7 days, but only pay for 5 days.
Please let us know if you have any questions about Tranquilseas Resort or Roatan itself, we’d be happy to help.
Cheers and never stop exploring!
Ryan – RumShopRyan
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page