If you’re looking for someplace in Florida to escape to, then put St. Augustine on your list. This north Florida destination has it all—stunning beaches, oodles of history, some of the coolest bars and restaurants, and some pretty spin-tingling ghost stories.
Because the Caribbean has been a bit more difficult to get to due to all the covid restrictions, Crystal and I have been exploring our home state of Florida more. We’ve done trips to Boca Grande, St. Pete Beach, Bonita Springs, and the Florida Keys.
Our most recent trip was to St. Augustine, Florida. It was a long six hour drive as we were pulling a camper, but it was very much worth it. Camping at RV resorts is new for us, but we had a great time!
We recorded a podcast episode so you can hear about the beaches, the city, and the North Beach Camp Resort we stayed at. If you’re looking to explore St. Augustine, then give it a listen below.
Podcast Trip Report – Things To Do In St. Augustine, Florida
The North Beach Camp Resort where we stayed was a few miles north on Vilano Beach. It was in a great location squeezed between the Atlantic Ocean and the Tolomato River, part of the Intracoastal Waterway.
We loved North Beach Camp Resort because of it’s location and because each RV campsite was relatively private. There were two great restaurants within walking distances as well. The Reef and Aunt Kate’s. We tell you all about the restaurants, the city and the beaches in the podcast episode.
Pin It To Pinterest
If you love the Caribbean and the beach lifestyle, then please subscribe to The Caribbean Castaways podcast. You’ll find a wealth of travel tips and information that will help you have a better vacation.
If you have any questions about St. Augustine, please send us a message on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and we’d be happy to help you.
And don’t forget, if you’re planning on traveling to the Caribbean in the next year or two, then we recommend picking up a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. It’s the only Caribbean-wide discount card and it will honestly save you hundreds. That means more fun with rum on the beach! Grab one here.
Thank you again!
Cheers and never stop exploring,
Ryan – RumShopRyan
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page