Possibly the second most photographed beach on St. John after Trunk Bay, Oppenheimer Beach and its picturesque tire swing are a perfect place to escape the crowds. We played hide and seek with the sun on this partly cloudy day, but I was able to snap this photo with the water glowing. Photo taken by RumShopRyan.
Oppenheimer Beach, St. John Wall Canvas
$50.00 – $105.00
Oppenheimer Beach is located on St John’s world famous North Shore is noteworthy for its photogenic tire swing. This stunning stretch of sand is usually pretty quiet due to only 3 or 4 parking spaces. The property is the former home of Robert Oppenheimer, The Father of the Atomic Bomb. This wonderful location is surrounded by the VI National Park and is connected to, and often called Gibney Beach as well.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
24×36, 16×20, 12×12