Written by local experts, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering advice and professionally vetted recommendations for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Fodor’s Bahamas Travel Guide
The Bahamas exists in extremes: travelers come to find both secluded beaches and vibrant parties on the sand; to dive dramatic wrecks and barrier reefs and glide in sailboats across crystal waters; to try a traditional fish fry or savor delicacies from all across the world; to stay in a cozy inn or a flashy new resort. Our travel experts help visitors navigate must-see destinations and tucked-away gems so they can escape the everyday and absorb the region’s diverse culture.
This travel guide includes:
EXPANDED COVERAGE: The Bahamas are ever-changing, and this edition includes new resorts, restaurants, and attractions, including coverage of the complete renovation of the Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island, and the exciting new Baha Mar development on New Providence
SPECIAL FEATURES: Special Fodor’s Features throughout the guide illuminate the most distinctive aspects of the Bahamas, including “rake ‘n’ scrape” music, the famous Junkanoo celebration, and the best snorkeling and dive spots
INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: Each chapter opens with an island orientation map, top reasons to go, and other essential information to help visitors plan their time effectively
DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor’s Bahamas – Offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks in every category•
COVERS: Nassau, Freeport, Andros, Bimini, Eleuthera, Harbour Island, Great Exuma, the Exuma Cays, Cat Island, and San Salvador
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page