After one sip, you be jammin’.
One of the most common questions I get asked is what type of rum do I enjoy drinking. It’s an impossible questions, but I do have some favorites. Rum has experienced a boom in the last few years and people are discovering that it is much more than just the liquor you toss into your fruity drink. The right rums can be enjoyed straight up like a nice bourbon or scotch.
Due to rum’s flexibility and complex taste characteristics people have begun collecting rums. If you are someone that loves rum and want to start a small home collection, there are a few must have bottles and I would say Appleton Estate from Jamaica is one of those must haves. Appleton rum comes in several styles and ages, starting at their standard Appleton Estate Reserve all the way up to their Limited Edition 50 year old.
Now that we have established that Appleton is a good rum let’s make a Boat Drink with it! This week’s cocktail recipe is called the Road to Zion and it’s of course made with Appleton Rum.
Road to Zion Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz Appleton Estate Reserve
- 1 oz Canton
- 3/4 Fresh lime juice
- 3 small piece of pineapple
- 1 pinch of mint
- 1 demitas spoon of superfine sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Muddle pineapple, mint and sugar in mixing glass. Add all ingredients and ice. Shake well and strain to chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with brandy cherry and orange twist. Raise glass and toast.
Recipe created by Bratislav Glisic.
Do you have a bottle of Appleton Rum in your personal collection? If so, which one? If you have the 50 year old I’m on my way to your place!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page