After one sip, you’ll be coasting through the channel markers.
Can you taste it? It’s almost here.
I’m talking about spring, the season of renewal and warming trends. I know some of you still have piles of snow on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures, but fear not, March is here and warmer days will rescue your flip flops from their winter prison.
Being that we can’t physically warm the weather, let’s warm the body. I hear rum is good for that.
Today’s boat drink comes to us from Appleton Estate Rum in Jamaica. The recipe is called the Red Light and it was passed on to me by Castaway Mixologist Jeremy McDaniel. He saw it pop up on Appleton’s Instagram page and thought it would be perfect for all of you. Let’s get to mixing shall we.
Red Light Drink Recipe
- 2oz. Appleton V/X
- 4oz. Ting
- Splash of cranberry juice
Mixing Instructions: Build over ice in glass, stir. Raise glass and toast.
Simple to make and uses good rum, my kind of drink. I also love the citrus taste of Ting, always makes me feel like I’m back in the islands. Let me know if you mix the Red Light up and what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page