After one sip, you’ll want to make your new address the Bahamas.
In the last few weeks I’ve been posting about our time at Sandy Toes Beach Bar on Rose Island in the Bahamas. It’s my favorite escape when in Nassau. This little slice of beach heaven has a signature cocktail appropriately called the Sandy Toe. You’re going to want one.
I’ve had many requests for this drink recipe, and I don’t like to disappoint.
The Sandy Toe is a fantastic drink, I’m actually dreaming about it right now! All guests are greeted with a Sandy Toes once they arrive to the island via boat. We quickly drank ours, then ordered more made in our new large Tervis Tumblers. Can’t get enough of a good rum punch!
Here is the recipe so you can make one of these bad-boys yourself.
The Sandy Toe Drink Recipe
- 1/5 Bacardi Light
- 1/5 Bacardi Gold
- 1/5 Coconut Rum
- 1/5 Pineapple Rum
- 1/5 Mango Rum
- Topped with fruit punch and a dash of the secret ingredient!*
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients to to mixing glass with ice. Shake. Pour into glass of your choice. Raise glass and toast.
The secret ingredient? I have no idea. It seems all beach bars with a good rum punch like to add a little somethin’ somethin’ special and not tell anyone about it. I guess it makes sense, but it throws a wrench into my home mixology recreations!
I have a plan though.
The next time I visit Sandy Toes Beach Bar, I’m going to watch closely how this make this delicious punch. Reason enough to visit this Bahamian paradise. See you there!
Here’s Castaway Crystal and myself enjoying a delicious Sandy Toes at the amazing Sandy Toes Beach Bar.
Looking for more Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Of course you do! Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. You’ll be the hit at your next party for sure!
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page